I’m not saying you should eschew the pumpkin pie, because, hello, pumpkin pie is delicious. But it is really high carb. Here’s a play on the 3 Carb Cupid’s Cups that I made at Valentine’s Day. These are meant to look like candy corn, but they actually are orange and lemon flavored.
These would be cute at a fall-themed party or as another option on Thanksgiving.
2 Carb “Candy Corn”
- 1 0.3-oz. box of sugar-free lemon Jell-O
- 1 0.3-oz. box of sugar-free orange Jell-O
- 1/2 container Cool Whip
- Boiling water
- Cold water
- Ice cubes
- 8 6-oz. clear plastic cups
- Prepare the lemon Jell-O using the quick set method: Dissolve Jell-O into 3/4 cup boiling water. Add ice cubes to 1/2 cup cold water to make 1 1/4 cup. Stir into jello mixture until dissolved. Pour into 8 6-oz. clear cups and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After the cups have set one hour, prepare the orange box of Jell-O using the same quick set method. Pour into cups as a second layer. Refrigerate another hour.
- To serve, add 2 tablespoons of Cool-Whip to each cup. (I didn’t measure ours, I just added a nice dollpp.)
Sugar-free JELL-O has no carbs.
One-half container Cool Whip has 25 carbs.
Each serving has 2 grams carbs. Since it’s under 5 grams carbs, it could be considered a free food.
Cool Whip does contain corn syrup, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). But what are you gonna do, right?
More posts about Holidays
All images are copyright D-Mom Blog and D-Mom Media and may not be copied or reproduced without express written permission.