One dawn Q came to our bed. When she used our bathroom, still groggy, she suddenly exclaimed, “Mommy, we have an emergency situation here. The straw (cannula) is out.”
What she didn’t know was that I had changed her pod in the night and soaked the adhesive of the old one with baby oil so the adhesive would slip off without pulling or irritating. She didn’t realize she had a new pod on her back.
That it was an “emergency situation” made me laugh…after I realized that there was really no emergency.
(Originally written as part of the popular post Dreamland Interruptus.)
This post is on the topic “Bloopers” as part of the Diabetes Blog Week 2011. For more participating blogs, visit Bitter-Sweet.
Diabetes Blog Week 2010
- Day One: A Day in the Life…
- Day Two: Forbidden Fruit or Good Hypo Treatment?
- Day Three: Grandma’s Girl
- Day Four: Let Them Eat Cake!
- Day Five: Gotta Dance!
- Day Six: A Thousand Words
Diabetes Blog Week 2011
- Day One: Finding Support In PWD’s
- Day Two: Letters I Won’t Write
- Day Three: An Emergency
- Day Four: (Coming Soon!)
- Day Five: She Kissed a Pig!
- Day Six: Doesn’t Get Any Better
- Day Seven: (Coming Soon!)