These snippets will be in 140 characters or less, the allowable length of a tweet.
If you see one of them on Twitter or Facebook, please retweet or share to help raise awareness to your friends and family who may not know much about diabetes.
19. One plus one doesn’t always equal two with diabetes. You can do the same thing three days and get different results. Lots of factors affect blood sugars.
20. Growth hormones and illness can cause blood sugars to rise. Children with diabetes might need more insulin during growth spurts and when they are sick.
21. Illnesses that keep most children home from school for a day can send kids with diabetes to the hospital. The stomach flu can quickly become an emergency situation.
22. A common misconception is that when children become adults, their type 1 diabetes will become type 2 diabetes.
23. People with type 1 diabetes do not make their own insulin and must get it via injection or insulin pump. They would die without it.
24. Insulin is not a cure for type 1 diabetes. It keeps people with diabetes alive, but it does not make it go away.
25. Adults can develop type 1 diabetes too, but are sometimes misdiagnosed as having type 2. A term you may not have heard is LADA: Latant autoimmune diabetes in adults.
Diabetes Awareness Month Posts
World Diabetes Day Posts