Some of us are lucky enough to have a school nurse to care for our d-kid during the day. At times we’ve only had the nurse at school at the end of lunch to give insulin. Now we have a nurse who is in the school off and on during the school day, checking in on Q several times.
Because diabetes care is needed throughout the day, d-kids often get to know the school nurse well.
To show appreciation at the holidays, some parents choose to give the nurse a gift. Alternatively, you might choose to recognize the nurse during nursing week, school nurse day, or at the end of the year.
Gifts don’t have to be extravagant, in fact spending $10-15 can show your appreciation. Remember that it’s the thought that counts.
This year Q is making scarves for some of her favorite school staff members, but I’m also including a Starbucks gift card for the nurse.
10 Holiday Gift Ideas For School Nurses
1. Target Gift Card (they can buy just about anything)
2. Book Store Gift Card (they can get a book, magazines, or a journal)
3. Starbucks Gift Card (I always think it’s a treat to get a white chocolate mocha!)
4. Cute Mug Filled with Tea Bags or Hot Chocolate Packets
5. Baked Goods
6. Good Chocolate (no explanation needed!)
7. Cute Post-It Notes and a Fancy Pen
8. Movie Theater Gift Card (include a bag of microwave popcorn and a box of Raisinets)
9. Framed Photo of Your Child and the Nurse
10. A Card Saying “Thank You!”
You Might Also Like…
More posts about holidays
20+ Non-Candy Stocking Stuffer Ideas (for preschool and school age kids)
All text and images are copyright D-Mom Blog and D-Mom Media and may not be copied or reproduced without express written permission.