I frequently mention specific products within my posts. To help you find these for yourselves, I’ve included links to online stores where they can be purchased. Please read the disclosure statement regarding affiliate links.
I use Dropbox to store diabetes documents across my computers and phones such as her rates and ratios and nutritional data PDF’s from restaurants. Open a free Dropbox account through this link and we both get an extra 250 MB of storage.
I shop through the EBATES when I can to look for coupon codes from online retailers and earn rebates.*
I’m taking some college classes and I was so happy to learn that Amazon Prime offers a student membership for half price.
I also subscribe to Zulily which has some great deals.
Kids First, Diabetes Second by Leighann Calentine
Think Like a Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes with Insulin-Completely Revised and Updated by Gary Scheiner
Pumping Insulin: Everything You Need for Success on a Smart Insulin Pump by John Walsh and Ruth Roberts
Your Diabetes Science Experiment by Ginger Vieira
How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food
How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman
I Can’t Cook, But I Know Someone Who Can (Written by D-Mom Stacey Simms)
The Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook
The Sweet Life: Diabetes without Boundaries by Sam Talbot
Vegetarianism & Environmentalism
Bands 4 Life: Arm and thigh bands to wear over CGM sensors and OmniPods
- Review: (Coming soon!)
- Discount: 25% off any purchase from Bands 4 Life with Discount Coupon Code THU110315014115
Custom 3D Bands: Silicone “diabetic” bracelets
- Review: Read why I like these for sports and swimming.
- Discount: Buy three and get one free when you mention D-Mom Blog in the notes when ordering.
Lauren’s Hope: Medical ID bracelets
- Reviews: Read why I choose Lauren’s Hope for my daughter’s ID bracelets.
- Discount: D-Mom Blog readers receive a 10% discount from Lauren’s Hope when they enter the coupon code “sweetlife.”
Pump Wear: Diabetes cases and accessories for kids and adults, insulin pump cases
- Review: We ordered custom walk shirts for the kids on our team.
- Discount: D-Mom Blog readers will receive a 5% discount from Pump Wear when they enter the coupon code “dmom.”
Sugar Medical Supply: Colorful and functional pouches to hold a variety of blood glucose meters and the OmniPod PDM.
- Review: We love the Sugar Medical bags because they aren’t boring black!
- Review: We’re excited that that they worked with Insulet to create a pouch specific to the OmniPod.
- Discount: D-Mom Blog readers will receive a 15% discount from Sugar Medical Supply when they enter the coupon code “DMOM15.”
Too Sweet Boutique: “Deliciously Handmade Insulin Pump Pouches”
Myabetic: Diabetes supply bags including the sports-themed Champ and heart-shaped Love Bug
- Review: We can pack quite a lot of d-stuff in the Love Bug bag
- Discount: D-Mom Blog readers will receive a 15% discount from Myabetic when they enter the coupon code “DMOM.”
Name Bubbles: Medical Alert Labels
- Review: We put these labels on all of our D-gear.
D-Mom Blog uses the The Thesis Theme for WordPress.
D-Mom Blog uses DreamHost for it’s domain registration and web hosting.
Disclosure & Disclaimer
Please read the disclosure statement. D-Mom Blog has an affiliate accounts with several online retailers and receives a very small percentage of sales which helps to maintain this website. Shopping through these links costs you not a penny more.
Please read the disclaimer statement. These links do not represent an endorsement for these products and D-Mom Blog is not responsible for the safety of any of these products. Purchase and use at your own risk.