I might be in the minority, but I actually really like the pouch that our OmniPod PDM resides in. Maybe it’s because it’s what I’m used to or maybe it’s because it holds all the supplies that we need easy access to (the PDM, test strips, MultiClix, lancets, insulin, extra batteries). But what I don’t like is how incredibly b-o-r-i-n-g it is. Plain old black. What, is my daughter a 40-year-old business man?
After viewing the video of Q talking about her OmniPod, a bunch of people asked me what kind of case we keep her PDM in. It’s a case that Sugar Medical Supply sent us for review consideration.
(E-mail and feed subscribers click over for embedded video.)
I can’t say it’s 100% perfect for us, but it comes really close. I don’t know that any bag will ever be 100% perfect.
- I like that it fits inside the purse that Q carries with her everywhere we go (or that my husband or I carry for her).
- You can see the PDM screen when it is placed into the velcro strap. That’s my biggest complaint about most bags–I want to see the PDM screen and be able to insert a test strip and check her blood sugar without taking out the PDM.
- It’s well padded. And I’ve even been able to wipe away dirt from the outside with a damp cloth.
- The zippered section needs another half inch for me. I would like to be able to throw in an extra vial of insulin and test strips when I see that the current one is getting low.
- The PDM doesn’t lay perfectly flat on top of the velcro, but it’s not a huge issue.
And it doesn’t just hold the OmniPod PDM, it has a universal strap to hold most meters (see their website for specifics).
(From the Sugar Medical Supply website) The Sugar Bag:
- our unique “Universal Strap System” which secures 99% of glucose meters in the bag
- clear viewing of test results
- fashionable yet practical
- holds insulin pens and supplies
- tyle not compromised for Diabetics!
- perfect for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
And if you are ordering the Sugar Bag, why not throw a Supply Pouch in your bag too. It’s a zippered pouch, kind of like a makeup bag, that can hold extras. And they are only $3.99!
Disclosure: Sugar Medical Supply provided me with a supply bag for review consideration. Monetary compensation was not received for this post and opinions are my own. Please read my disclosure statement.