I realize there was a two-week hiatus from Type 1 Tuesday. To say life has been hectic and stressful is an understatement; you can understand! It’s not the day-to-day D that is getting to me. It’s packing up our house to try to sell with two kids underfoot, basically single parenting while my husband works night and day on home improvement projects on said house, and finding out the nurse who comes to our school at lunchtime has been reassigned with no replacement in sight.
Here are a few posts that made me laugh, made me cry.
Featured D-Blogs of the Week
Here are some of my favorite posts I have read recently:
- Heidi of Jack’s Pack: A Second Chance? (I had never heard of extracting stem cells from baby teeth. Is this something you would consider?)
- Kerri of Six Until Me: Questions About Growing Up with Diabetes (I’ve long been reading the blogs of adults with diabetes who were diagnosed young for many reasons. One reason is that I want their perspective of what my child might be experiencing, but maybe not verbalizing. The other reason is that these bloggers, such as Kerri, show me what a terrific life my child can have despite her diabetes.)
- Lorraine of This is Caleb: He’s Just a Kid (Brought me to tears. If you could say that there is a positive to diabetes, I think it’s that our kids become incredibly compassionate.)
- Mom of Type 1 of A Beautiful Diabetic: The “S” Word (I’m surprised my daughter doesn’t complain more, but if she did want to let out a tirade of age-appropriate slurs occasionally, it would be fine. But don’t tell her that!)
- Valerie of VmJess: Did You Miss Me? (This post by Valerie is not D-related, but I swear that icicle looks like Paul Revere!)
And if you haven’t heard, the 2010 DiabetesMine Design Challenge is accepting submissions. Maybe you’re idea will improve the lives of those of us living/dealing with diabetes.
Grab the shiny Type 1 Tuesday button to tell your readers that your post has been featured right here on D-Mom Blog.