Summary: When doing your holiday shopping, don’t forget a little something for the school nurse who cares for your child with type 1 diabetes. Here are 10 low-cost gift ideas for school nurses.
Some of us are lucky enough to have a school nurse to care for our d-kid during the day. At times we’ve only had the nurse at school at the end of lunch to give insulin. Now we have a nurse who is in the school full-time and always available if needed.
Because diabetes care is needed throughout the day, d-kids often get to know the school nurse well.
To show appreciation at the holidays, some parents choose to give the nurse a gift. Alternatively, you might choose to recognize the nurse during nursing week, school nurse day, or at the end of the year.
Gifts don’t have to be extravagant, in fact spending $10-15 can show your appreciation. Remember that it’s the thought that counts.
10 Holiday Gift Ideas For School Nurses
1. Target Gift Card (they can buy just about anything)
2. Book Store Gift Card (they can get a book, magazines, or a journal)
3. Starbucks Gift Card (I always think it’s a treat to get a white chocolate mocha!)
4. Cute Mug Filled with Tea Bags or Hot Chocolate Packets
5. Baked Goods
6. Good Chocolate (no explanation needed!)
7. Cute Post-It Notes and a Fancy Pen
8. Movie Theater Gift Card (include a bag of microwave popcorn and a box of Raisinets)
9. Framed Photo of Your Child and the Nurse
10. A Card Saying “Thank You!”
You Might Also Like…
More posts about holidays
40+ Non-Candy Stocking Stuffer Ideas (for preschool and school-aged kids)
Disclosure: I have an affiliate relationship with Target. I’m not receiving any financial compensation directly from the company for inclusion here. Please read my disclosure statement.